Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers you are looking for…
What are your hours?
Normal visit hours are between 6a-9p. If you want a visit outside those hours we can accommodate, with an additional fee. Office hours are Monday-Friday 9a-4p.
There are lots of options, why should I pick you?
There are lots of really great options! Lets go over a few reasons to choose Barks & Recreation
– Barks and Recreation started in November 2018 and is a full time business, so you can count on us for the long haul.
– We carry insurance, bonding, and workmans comp to ensure that you, Barks & Recreation, and our team is covered.
– Everyone on the team is background checked at the state and federal level and go through an extensive hiring, on-baording, and training process.
– Everyone on the team is Double Pet Care Certified in Pet CPR/First Aid as well as Dog Walking & Pet Sitting
– We work as a team so there are at least 2-3 people familiar with your pets and your home. We have a Plan B and a Plan C to ensure you never have to worry about an illness, car accident or a vacation stopping your animals being cared for.
– We love what we do and it shows in how we interact with your fur family
I have animals not listed, or a whole pack worth of animals, can you help?
My dog is nervous and shy with new people.
We love our shy and nervous animals! Let’s talk about exactly what that means for your animals!
I have a semi-feral or feral cat
We love all cats, even the ones who don’t always love us back! We work with cats and dogs with all different personalities and we will take your lead on how to, or not to, interact with them.
What happens when its too hot, raining, or snowing?
It really depends on what you want us to do during whether, in addition we consider how extreme the weather is, the size and age (and tolerance) of your dog, and how they are feeling that day. If we can’t be outside long they might learn a new trick, play a little tug or other inside game or they might want to just lay on the floor for belly rubs. This is something we can make a plan for together.
Are you insured and bonded?
Of course! All employees of Barks and Rec are covered, everyone is also pet CPR and First Aid certified.
Do you offer care on weekends and holidays?
Sure do. Most holidays do incur an additional fee of $10-15 a visit. Everything is first come, first served so get your requests in!
How much advance notice do you need to schedule a service?
All visits are approved on a first come, first served basis so get your requests in as soon as you can. Two or more weeks is ideal for scheduling purposes, and you can book up to a year out.
Short notice request, less than 10 days notice, do have an additional fee as we have to move the day around, or even change our personal plans, to accommodate.
If you know you have a trip booked during a holiday, especially Christmas, New Years and anything in the summer months the sooner you book the better!